Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Give thanks with a grateful heart.......

Give thanks with a grateful heart…

I will admit this was a tough week. Here are the words that have been playing over and over in my head all week: Papers, Lord give me the strength, papers, get your thoughts organized about what you are writing, papers, Samuel (I am writing a paper on him), theological reflection (I am writing a paper on it), papers, Lord thank you for giving me the strength, oh and a bit of little Hebrew…

I am so thankful to have completed my first semester of Seminary!!! Thank you Lord for guiding me all the way. I did it with your help and I give thanks with a grateful heart.

I do have a few things to finish: papers, finals and Bishop Parsley visiting! Owen and I will be heading to the Deep South on Thursday. I am going to my cousins wedding, spending time with friends in Birmingham and then heading home to TN for Christmas with my precious family.

I want to take this opportunity to thank my classmates and all of those here at the Seminary of the Southwest for a wonderful first semester. You have welcomed me with open hearts. You have supported and loved me, and for that I will be eternally grateful. We come from all walks of life, but we are one in the Body of Christ. Watch out world, you have an amazing group of future priests coming your way!

I really can’t thank you all enough for supporting me on this journey. It is an incredible ride and let me tell you I am one lucky girl to be a part of it. I am so excited about what the future holds for all of us. I look forward to continuing to share my journey with you next semester.

One last thing, if you haven’t read Bishop Sloan’s reflection on his future as the next Bishop of Alabama please do so. Here is the link: www.dioala.org/dfc/newsdetail_2/3150632. Together we can do it!

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…Mary Balfour

No comments:

Post a Comment