Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Building the Kingdom of God...

Building the Kingdom of God...


These five words are used often in seminary, building the kingdom of God.  But what do they really mean?  This has been on my mind lately as I feel excited and more affirmed in my call to build the kingdom of God. 
Building can mean different things.  Most certainly it means reaching out to the marginalized, welcoming those that are different than us to the Body of Christ, showing hospitality and God’s love to all that we meet.  But, what about the everyday folks that are looking for a place to feel accepted and loved?  What about my friend who seems to be searching for a place to grow in her relationship with God but feels uncomfortable just showing up to an event at the Church.  What if I called and invited her?  What if introduced her to a few people?  What if??  I think this is a very important way to build the kingdom of God that sometimes gets forgotten.
I keep pondering and praying about these questions.  I keep thinking about how the simplest of things can make all the difference in the world.  I am going to challenge myself to keep pondering and praying but to also take action.  What if?  The possibilities are endless and that action can help us to truly live into our calling of building the kingdom of God.  It takes all of us, so I challenge you too.
Blessings as the ride continues…  Mary Balfour

No comments:

Post a Comment