Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tennessee and Texas.....

Tennessee and Texas….

I had a wonderful week in Tennessee and I am back now in my 400 square foot apartment in Texas! I spent some much needed girl time with Mama on Monday. It was great to run errands and just be together. I have missed her so much over the last three months. She is a wonderful friend and mother.

Tuesday and Wednesday were VERY lazy. I don’t have TV in my apartment. I took the opportunity of catching up on all of my favorite shows. I think I really needed time to just be. Not to think, just rest. I did get a paper written, so I didn’t beat myself up too much ☺

Thursday we headed to Chattanooga for Thanksgiving with the Pratt’s. I just love my family. They lift me up, they care and we have so much fun together. I am so thankful to have them - each and every one of them. I am also so glad that my brother Thomas knows how to fry a turkey so well! All of the food was wonderful, but the best part was just enjoying each other’s company.

Friday I spent the day with Daddy. We have so much in common. I guess those commonalities will only continue to grow as I persist in my studies. We have a playful rivalry between Sewanee and Seminary of the Southwest. He is big SSW fan now so I thought he would enjoy a SSW sweatshirt for his birthday. He told me jokingly that he would wear it inside the house ☺. I am so thankful for my Daddy and our time together. Believe me, it helps to have an amazing father, who happens to be a priest, while attending Seminary.

I am back in my apartment and so glad to see my sweet puppy Owen. I told Owen when we woke up this morning that this weekend was all about writing! I have several projects and papers due by December 12th. I have a feeling that my computer will get lots of good use in the coming weeks. I ask your prayers during these difficult two weeks.

I really did miss my seminary community while I was in Tennessee and I am excited to be with them again in Texas. I am also very thankful for all of you and the many blessings God has given us all. I celebrate you all in my heart and prayers.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…Mary Balfour

3 comments:

  1. I will be lifting you up in the next few weeks as you wrap up this semester. So glad you had the chance to be with your wonderful family for Thanksgiving. I am sure it did you a lot of good. I am so proud of you ,Mary Balfour. Sending love your way...... Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. A joy to have you home with us. You are surrounded by prayer as you prepare for the last two weeks of your first semester!!!

    Have a Blessed Advent!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time with the family. I always found the last two weeks of the fall semester to be tough. Days are short, work load seems impossible, seniors are cranky about upcoming GOE's, and the thoughts of getting back home to family for Christmas and the stuff that needs to be done occupy the mind. I always found THANKSGIVING to be the antidote for a distracted and anxious mind. Be thankful for the opportunity you are enjoying, the many friends who pray for and support you, for your computer, your dog, and the 400 sg. ft. you call home. Be thankful for a warm bed, a cup of coffee, and your girlfriends in Austin who understand because they are in the same boat. Be thankful for the Lord Jesus who brings light to our lives on these long dark nights. Be thankful that you are alive and free. And remember the Nike logo when you think about the work ahead - "Just Do It." Five years from now NO ONE will ask you how you did on a paper you wrote in the fall of 2011. Love ya. Keith

    ReplyDelete