Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Formation.....

Formation…

Formation is a word that we use often here at the Seminary of the Southwest. All that we are participating in, Chapel, classes and community, are a necessary, hard, fulfilling and loving part of this formation. It is this formation will make us great priests and leaders of the Episcopal Church.

Two of the events that were a part of my formation this week were:

Working on a group project. This is one of those very difficult projects that lead to a great ending. I worked with several of my classmates on a group presentation. Of course we all have different styles and organizations skills. When these differences were put together there was friction. One of my classmates described our differences and the difficulties we encountered as a storm. As a result of this storm we found ourselves having to communicate and pray about the issues at hand. Ultimately we were able to put together a project that made us all proud. Emotions are sometimes difficult to deal with, but often they lead us exactly were we need to be. This group project is great example of how our faith in God and others can lead us to a wonderful end result. Thank you to my classmates, who pushed me, loved me and helped form me this week.

Christ Chapel and its loving attendees. Christ Chapel is a teaching Chapel. You might think of the students much like residents working in a hospital. It is a place that we can make mistakes and learn from them, and yet feel safe at the same time. That was certainly true for me this week. I was the lector at Morning Prayer on Thursday. I have read in Chapel a few times, so I was aware of the flow of the Daily Office. I somehow got the order confused and got up to read before we said the Psalm. Fortunately one of my classmates quietly stopped me. Once I did get up to read, it was a tough passage! You all know those passages in the Bible with lots of difficult names that you stumble over. This particular passage was from Ezra. It was chock full of difficult names! This wasn’t my finest reading moment even though I had practiced reading it several times. But with the help of God and those who were praying for me, I got through it. Despite stumbling through the passage, we worshipped God in Christ Chapel that day, just as we do everyday.

For a sneak peak at next week’s love note I will tell you more about my work-study and some of the amazing work that is being accomplished at SSW. I will also be able to report on Visitor’s Weekend. Please pray for our community as we welcome prospective students to our school. My prayer is that we can convey our love for this place to them.

I have many of you of my mind. I am specifically praying for those who are hurt, lost and broken and are looking for God to open a door for you. Trust, believe, have faith. He is holding both you and me tightly as we continue on this journey together.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

No comments:

Post a Comment