Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Texas......

Back to Texas…

I made it back to Texas safe and sound on New Year’s Day. I had a wonderful week in Tennessee with my family. I ended the year with a quick trip to where I grew up, Inverness, MS. I spent time in many states over my Christmas break, but well worth it to see so many of my favorite people. To all that I spent time with, thank you for making my Christmas Merry and Bright!!

2011 was a wonderful year for me. I finally began the seminary journey. It was also a difficult year. I had to say good-bye to my life in Birmingham and to two family members. As I reflect back over the past year I am, as always, so thankful for all the wonderful gifts God has blessed with me. I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with God. As I told many of my friends and family over Christmas break, seminary is the hardest thing I have ever done. With that said, it is a good growing experience. This experience is challenging me and stretching me in ways that I did not know that I could go. I am grateful for the good and the bad. I am thankful to be here.

Owen and I are settled back in to our little home and Austin. Today I started a three-week January course. The goal of the course is an emersion experience into Hispanic culture and ministry. My hope is that I will not only learn and experience, but that I will be able to teach what I learn. It takes all types of people to make up the Body of Christ. I am honored to learn more about the Hispanic culture to be able to welcome them into the Body of Christ.

I will report back soon on the class and our first trip of the course to Laredo, Texas.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…Mary Balfour

1 comment: