Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break 2012...

Spring Break 2012…

I am going to scale back my blogpost writing to every two weeks. As you can imagine, my schoolwork is getting harder and I don’t have as much time as I would like to devote to blogging. With that being said, Spring Break 2012 is here!!! I am excited to have a week off and even more thrilled that Mom and Aunt Jane are coming on Monday. We are planning on eating great meals, visiting Lady Bird Johnson’s wildflower reserve, shopping on South Congress and possibly a trip to San Antonio.

The last two weeks have been busy with Visitor’s Weekend, midterms and the daily activities of the life of a seminarian. Visitor’s Weekend was a huge success and it was a joy to participate in the event. I think we recruited some wonderful people to be a part of our community. I am already so excited about seeing them again in the fall. I took several tests this past week. They were challenging to say the least! I am trying to be positive and remind myself I gave them my best effort. I do put a lot of time and effort into my studies because this information is so important! I want to retain every bit of it. It is still very exciting to sit in class and devour the Bible, ponder the thoughts of prominent theologians and learn to chant our beautiful services.

I am excited to tell you that I will be going to the Episcopal Church’s General Convention this summer in Indianapolis. I will be traveling with other SSW students to be a part of the seminary’s social media team. We will be tweeting, facebooking, and blogging about the event. If you are on twitter, please follow me: marybalfourvz. I look forward to sharing with you all the important decisions that will be made this summer in Indianapolis.

I am still working on my Lenten discipline of praying for those that I have hurt or who have hurt me. I am always amazed by the amount of healing that happens. God is working on my heart in this area. I think I will keep this up way past Lent!!!

Please know that I am praying for those that I can’t see and touch everyday. You are in my thoughts and prayers as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful, wonderful week with your mom and Jane...know it will be a much needed rest and change of pace. Love you much and continue to pray for God to bless every part of your life with His goodness and blessings....

    ReplyDelete