Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

In honor of Halloween, I gave the blog a new look. I have been trying to find some time to “spruce” it up and finally got to do so this week. We had a progressive Halloween party this weekend at SSW and it was lots of fun! I was a sixty’s girl with a FABLOUS pink wig! This is just another example of what a wonderful community I live in and how much fun we have together!

This week I had the honor of being a part of two prospective students visits to campus. I loved having the opportunity to give back to SSW, especially because it has given me so much. It is great to be able to show my school off. I hope to continue to be a part of prospective students’ visits to campus. It wasn’t that long ago that I was in their shoes, so it is a gift to be a part of their discernment process. I truly believe that if you are called to be a priest, then you should go to the seminary that is right for you. That is what I did and I am exactly where God wants me to be.

I want to tell you all about my Liturgy class. My professor is so knowledgeable and has amazing energy. Sometimes when I am in class listening to him I think, wow, this is not the way I understood that! I don’t think he is trying to change my mind, he is just trying to get me to look at things through a different lens. It is refreshing to really feel like you are learning. The knowledge I am gaining often feels like it is seeping into my bones. This knowledge is going straight to my core and connecting my love of God in my heart with my love of God in my head. My professor often says just let this information wash over you. I am doing my best….

I have several group projects and papers due in the coming weeks. I ask your prayers during this challenging but growing time. I am sure that I will make it, but I must admit I am a bit anxious. I don’t just want to mark things off my list; I want to do the work well. I don’t tell him enough, but thank you Daddy for reading everything I write. My Daddy has given me a huge gift of taking on the role of reviewing many of my papers. He is encouraging and teaching me so much. Of course this is in addition to taking care of the hundreds of sheep that need him! Thank you Daddy for taking such good care of all your sheep!! I hope one day I can be half the shepherd you are.

Finally, St. Mary’s family, I will be preaching on February 19th at all four services. Please mark your calendars. It will be my great honor to preach once again in the Church that is supporting me so much on this journey. I miss you all daily and I carry you in my heart.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

2 comments: