Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Monday, July 2, 2012

General Convention...


General Convention…
I am thrilled to be a part of the Southwest Six as we journey to Indianapolis to participate in the 77th General Convention of the Episcopal Church.  On Thursday of this week I will travel to Indianapolis to meet the other seminarians from the Seminary of the Southwest.  We will have the opportunity to meet Episcopalians from all over the country, sit in on committee meetings, hopefully chat with a bishop or two, and recruit lots of visitors to the SSW booth!
I really feel honored to have the opportunity to represent my seminary and to be a part of General Convention.  So many of the decisions that are made at General Convention shape who we are as Episcopalians.  Although we are a diverse community with a variety of opinions, the one thing that remains a strong between us is a love for God and ALL of His people.
I will be tweeting, blogging, and facebooking throughout my time in Indianapolis.  So whatever your favorite mode of social media is, please follow along!  I would also appreciate your prayers for the Southwest Six, the faculty and staff from SSW that are attending, and all of the delegates and clergy that will be present.  May we all carry each other in love throughout our time together in Indianapolis.
Before I head up north, I will be spending twenty-four hours at my favorite place, Monteagle!  My family has celebrated the 4th of July on the Holy Mountain for generations.  It is an occasion that I have rarely missed through out my lifetime.  I am thankful that my family can be in fellowship together celebrating the birth of our country.
Expect lots of posts over the next week!  Blessings as the ride continues… 
Mary Balfour

No comments:

Post a Comment