Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And So It Begins....

And So It Begins….

Today, September 6, 2011, I completed my very first day of seminary classes. I was excited, nervous, anxious, and overwhelmed, but most importantly I am just honored to be here! The first class of the day started with prayer. In that moment, I felt God’s presence so clearly. I couldn’t help but thank Him for giving me this opportunity. I worshipped several more times throughout the day in addition to attending classes and enjoying a community lunch.

My class is gathering tonight to debrief the day and just enjoy each other’s company -- and Daddy comes to visit me tomorrow! I am so excited to show him my new home and of course enjoy all that Austin has to offer. On Thursday night we will have a Matriculation Service, a service to welcome all of the new students to campus, followed by a festive dinner. I am thrilled to be able to share that experience with Daddy.

My class elected me as one of our student representatives to Student Council. I am honored to serve and I am very excited to add this to my list of activities. I start my work-studies tomorrow as well. Guess where I will be 7 hours of each week - the Development Office! ☺ I am really excited to be a part of the development team at the Seminary of the Southwest. I am also one the library maids (the official library duster for 6 hours a week). Margaret would be so proud! I am just glad to earn my keep….

I can’t tell you how thankful I am for the many calls, emails, Facebook messages, and most importantly prayers that I have received over the past few weeks. The support that so many have given me is truly humbling.

Thanks for continuing to be a part of the ride….

Mary Balfour

2 comments:

  1. you will always remember your first day. glad it went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Balfour, I will never forget my first day at Candler School of Theology. Thanks for documenting yours. I have bookmarked your blog, and I look forward to reading about your journey often. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete