Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life is like walking on jello....

Life is like walking on jello…

A classmate described our seminary life as like walking on jello. She is correct. It is a hard adjustment and it feels exactly like walking on jello. To be honest with you all, I am just working on getting steady feet. The amount of reading and writing of papers is overwhelming. It is difficult to keep up at times and I continue to pray for balance. I know God wants me to be here and I am honored to have the opportunity. I just need to figure out how to make it all flow and not feel like there is jello under my feet!

I want you all to know that I am happy. Truly happy. Chapel life, living in a fantastic community and talking about the Christian faith everyday makes me giddy! Thank you Lord for sending me to Austin and to the Seminary of the Southwest.

I did take a break this weekend and attend Austin City Limits. This is a music festival with tons of terrific bands. I got to spend time with friends from the Seminary and one of my oldest friends, Will and his lovely bride, Jen. It was a much-needed break. Getting to see Stevie Wonder live is something I will never forget!!!

It is difficult for me to communicate with everyone so I hope you think of this blog as my love note to you all. Your names are whispered in Chapel often and I continue to be thankful for so many supportive friends and family.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

2 comments:

  1. You will have steady feet before you know it! All of your classmates are feeling the same way. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I have decided to make grape jello this week, at least it is a pretty color to walk on!

    ReplyDelete