Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anxiousness is the word of the week.....

Anxiousness is the word of the week…

All week I have been anxious. As most of you know, I am a pretty anxious person, but this week has been especially anxious. I seem to be fixated on papers and reading and sad about the fact that I can’t be with family and friends at this present time in my life. I was reminded several times throughout the week to be calm and to feel God’s presence in my being. Even the collect for last Sunday spoke to this:

Grant us O Lord, not to be anxious about earthly things, but to love things heavenly; and even now, while we are placed among things that are passing away, to cleave to those that shall abide; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

So my plan for this week is to be a non-anxious presence. To just enjoy my time here at the Seminary of the Southwest, and to quote one of my professors, “let what I am learning in class and chapel wash over me.”

I FINALLY went to Church in Austin today. I have spent so much time in Chapel that I didn’t really want to go to Church on Sunday mornings. It is hard for me to believe that because I love attending Church!!! I think some of my anxiousness was attributed to the fact that I hadn’t worshipped in a Church for a while. I spent the morning at St. Matthew’s Church. It is a lovely parish filled with the Holy Spirit and an excellent choir ☺. I was thankful to be able to worship with them today.

I also got to spend some time this weekend with my new seminary friends. It was great to just laugh and enjoy each other. I am particularly grateful for the guidance of my fellow Postulants from the Diocese of Alabama, Donna and Seth. They have taken such good care of me and continue to be lights in my life.

I continue to whisper your names in Chapel and think of you all daily.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

4 comments:

  1. I love St. Matt's! Great church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will certainly pray for a non-anxious presence this week. You are doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, Mary Balfour. I, too, will be praying for you to be free of anxiety and that you will feel the Lord's perfect peace as it covers you this week. May you be encouraged in all you do.
    Sending love your way.....
    Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you sweet friend!!! You are right where you need to be. Do not fear- God has a great plan for you!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete