Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's Official......

It’s Official….

I am official student at Seminary of the Southwest after the matriculation service that was held on Thursday, September 8th. Daddy was here for the celebration service followed by a festive meal. It was a joy to be able to share the experience with him. I think we have a new fan of the Seminary of the Southwest in Daddy. He seemed very pleased with the school, my classmates and my professors. He even went to class with me, which was a lot of fun. On Friday night we went to see the bats in downtown Austin with my dear friends from Alabama, Donna and Seth. Every night, right at dusk, one and a half million bats come out from under the bridge. There were several hundred people on the bridge and dozens more in all different sorts of watercraft on the river watching the spectacle. It is so cool and a great “free” event for the people of Austin. Afterwards we went to a food trailer park and enjoyed Torchy’s Tacos famous fried avocado, followed by Amy’s ice cream. Two wonderful local Austin favorites!!! It was a great weekend with Daddy and I am honored he came to visit me.

This weekend was also Mama’s 60th Birthday! She spent the weekend at the beach with some of her best buddies. I made a DVD of her life and sent it down with one of her friends. I had a ball putting it together and I could tell she really enjoyed it. She told me she wouldn’t have rewritten the actually birthday celebration in any way. Happy Birthday Mama!!! You are the best in every way and we are blessed to have you in our lives!!!

Life as a seminarian is becoming very real to me. I spend a lot of time reading, a requirement since I have 4 papers due before the end of September! It is going to be a real challenge, but one that I am up for. I ask for your prayers in the coming weeks as I settle into a routine and learn to write strong and intelligent papers.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues……

Mary Balfour

2 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts for all that writing and editing. You can do it, Mary Balfour! It makes a difference--or at least it did for me--to be reading books that you are excited to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog Mary Balfour! Thinking of you and all of those papers in the upcoming weeks! Let's catch up soon--I want to hear about everything! love, MAR

    ReplyDelete