Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lovely Day, Lovely Week......

Lovely Day, Lovely Week….

As many of you all might know, I am a huge Bill Withers fan and “Lovely Day” is one of my favorite songs. Well this week I have had many Lovely Days in fact it has been a Lovely Week. So I have played Bill’s song several times on my ipod in honor of this week. As much as I absolutely love my classes (I am not being sarcastic here) it was time for a break. This is how I spent my week:

Monday: Coffee with my friend Vivian and I worked on a paper. I filled up my car with gas for the first time since August and it still had a half of tank left! I also went on my first thrift shop excursion. I loved it! I went in with a plan and a very strict budget (a whopping $30). I came out with some great finds and $2 to spare. As you all know I am on a very tight budget (I don’t have a job), so thrift shops are the way to go. Austin is known for all its wonderful thrift stores. I had so much fun I might never walk in a department store again. A sweet friend sent me a gift certificate to Whole Foods (the flagship store is here in Austin). So I ended the day with some fun treats from Whole Foods and a lovely phone chat with my Aunt Sally.

Tuesday: I did some reading for my Liturgy and Bible classes. Watched a video on the Old Testament with my friend Jodi (yes, this is how seminarians like to spend their free time). I completed my Clinical Pastoral Education applications (no small task I might say) and put them in the mail. Yeah!!! I got to visit with my very dear friend Camille by phone and picked up my buddies Seth and Amber at the airport. As a treat, I got to go to PTerry’s with them for a burger. The burgers were fantastic and the shakes and conversation were even better!

Wednesday: I watched more videos on the Old Testament, took Owen on a long walk and worked on another paper. I also wrote out all of the papers and projects I have due before the end of the semester and made a calendar. There are 10 of them and 4 are due on the last day of classes. Y’all start praying!!! I ended the day with my friends Samantha and James at a fun pizza place called Red House. Samantha and James have become dear friends and we always have a fun time together.

Thursday: Coffee again with Vivian and finished the second paper! More reading and video watching. Owen got a haircut and my apartment got a good clean. I got to go to dinner with a new friend Ainsley. It is exciting to get to know someone outside of the seminary. She was so kind to me and I am looking forward to spending time with her.

Friday: More reading, more videos and a girl’s lunch! We went to a wonderful sandwich shop called Foodheads and it reminded me of Julia’s in Sewanee. It was lots of fun to be with the girls at a fun restaurant and visit. I ended the day with ice cream with my fellow postulants from the Diocese of Alabama and VERY dear friends Seth and Donna.

Saturday: Great catch up phone calls with two dear friends Emily and Ashley. More videos, more reading, long walks for Owen and I; a wonderful day of relaxation!!!

I think I see a pattern, lots of reading, rest and great food in Austin this week! It will be back to regular scheduled programming next week but everyday this week was Lovely.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got refreshed and enjoyed your week. Good luck as you get back into the routine! You are awesome!!! Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Balfour,
    Glad to know things are going well for you. Seeing your priorities so clearly -keeping your friends close is so important. What are you reading that is really challenging your thinking? God's blessings on you through your journey. I am so glad you decided to blog ;-)
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support Karen. Hmm, I can't put my finger on a particular reading. Just lots of challenges everyday, but good challenges!!! Blessings, Mary Balfour

    ReplyDelete