Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel

Seminary of the Southwest Christ Chapel
The view I get to experience everytime I attend Christ Chapel!!!!!!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sometimes Life Hurts.....

Sometimes life hurts….

As many of you know my first cousin Zachary died this week. Zachary was a young man who came in to my life about 20 years ago. My aunt Mary Gibson adopted Zachary Polk and his sister Ashley Morgan when they were 3 and 5 years old. I remember being excited for my Aunt, who had finally become a mother to these two children. Zachary and Ashley desperately needed a mother and a family and that is exactly what they got. In turn, our family was blessed with two precious children who gave us all so much joy. I remember seeing Zachary for the first time and those beautiful eyes. He was FULL of energy and loved Monteagle, our summer home. It is most fitting that he will be buried there. I thank God for giving us Zachary and Ashley and the short time we had with Zachary.

My family has lost two important members of our family in the last two months. We love you Margaret and Zachary and we know that you are in the arms of God and visiting with Dear. I am sure she is welcoming you and taking great care of you both.

I must say it is VERY difficult not to be with my family this weekend. I would like to hold Daddy’s hand as he prepares to preach the homily at his nephew’s memorial service. I would like to hug Aunt Mary Gibson and Ashley and let them know how much I love them. I can’t do any of this and it is hard to understand this situation. I do know that God is with us. He wants me to cry with Him and to know that all will be well. I try to remember that on a daily basis, but especially this weekend.

Next week, I will catch you up on my life here in Austin. This week, I just want to remember Margaret and Zachary and thank God for putting them in my life.

Father of all, we pray to you for Zachary and Margaret, and for all those whom who we love but see no longer. Grant to them eternal rest. Let light perpetual shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Blessings to you all as the ride continues…

Mary Balfour

1 comment:

  1. I love you. Thank you for sharing this post, I can only imagine how hard it is for you to be away from family today.
    Nancy Street

    ReplyDelete